Seminarians and guests will be inspired and informed at the 2019 forum, featuring a slate of speakers and experiences presented over three days at The Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa, California.
|FELLOWSHIP, INSIGHT AND LEADERSHIP—these are keywords at The Seminar, which features opportunities to meet and learn from fellow professionals and enjoy presentations by bold leaders|
|FELLOWSHIP—Conviviality and camaraderie always frame the Seminar experience, as here in 2018, where Seminarian Karen van Bergen engaged with speaker Lance Black|
|INSIGHT—A “fireside chat with a CEO,” is a popular component of The Seminar, here with 2018´s Brendan Bechtel, left, who shared his business acumen with Seminarians and interviewer Nicholas Ashooh|
|LEADERSHIP—A panel at 2018´s Seminar featured General (ret.) David Petraeus, left, and Ambassador Cameron Munter, center, who recounted their leadership experiences with moderator Brian Lott|
|Adventurer and climber Tommy Caldwell, left, was featured in the 2018 Seminar, here interviewed by Michael Mand|
Storytelling at its Best will
Enliven, Inspire Seminarians
June 2-5, 2019
The Meritage Resort & Spa, Napa, California
and Unique Experiences
Major issues and trends around the world and dramatic personal stories—from topics shaping the headlines to thrilling advances in science and technology, to theories on creativity, innovation and learning—will capture the minds and imaginations of Seminarians at The Seminar, June 2-5, 2019. The beautiful Napa Valley setting will be the backdrop for 2019.
Seminar 2019 Highlights
We will come together June 2-5 to hear from some of the world’s pre-eminent experts as we welcome a community of like-minded colleagues and professionals.
Confirmed presenters are:
• Dick Costolo, former CEO of Twitter and tech culture insider
• Carol Dweck, Mindset Works, on “growth mindset” and our underlying beliefs about learning and intelligence
• Kenya Barris, creator of the Emmy-nominated comedy series “Black-ish,” co-creator and co-producer of "America's Next Top Model," and writer of the blockbuster moving "Girls Trip"
• Garen Wintemute, M.D., Director, Violence Prevention Research Center, UC Davis, firearms violence expert and ER physician, on gun violence risk and prevention
• Bernard Tyson, CEO, Kaiser Permanente, on the future of healthcare
• Lana Nusseibeh, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the United Arab Emirates of the United Nations, on geopolitical issues
• Tina Seelig, director of the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, on creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship
• Kári Stefánsson, M.D., founder, deCODE, on cell and gene therapy advances
• John Kelly, CEO, Graphika, on social network analysis and statistics to make complex online networks understandable
Who We Are
Seminarians are the attendees at the annual forum, The Seminar. They are a select, invitation-only group of the highest-ranking communications and public affairs executives at the world’s most influential corporations, nonprofit organizations, universities, and public relations agencies.
Topics and personalities always distinguish The Seminar’s eclectic programming, capturing hearts and minds with storytelling that has the power to change how we view the world. Panels, interviews and narratives bring a unique perspective, followed by special events, live music, and evening entertainments. Of course, we will be celebrating the delights of Napa Valley Wine Country throughout The Seminar 2019!
Peerless Programming, Fellowship
As Seminarians have come to expect, the programming for 2019 will be exceptional and mind-expanding—and the fellowship of The Seminar—matchless.
Seminarians always get the chance to question speakers at frequent Q&A sessions, and have plenty of time to engage with fellow Seminarians. Whether it’s through conversations, a shared meal, renewed long-time friendships or the added acquaintance of First-Time Seminarians, fellowship grows and abounds each year.